You might be new to business, you might have been in business for ages. Either way, you can benefit from company searches. Company searches are ways for businesses to get reliable information on each other.
When you run a business it is likely that you will come into contact with a lot of terms, phrases and practices you don’t really know. One of them might be company search, but a simple definition is that it is essentially a part of the process of competitor analysis. It’s the initial step, the one you take to find information on your competition, before using that information in analysis.
So, what can you really find with company searches? Here we will look in a little bit more detail so that you can know exactly what to expect when you do your company searches with us.
Details Of The Report – Credit…
The most important things you can see in your company searches are financial related. This might be a check on a competitor, a new supplier or even yourself. Financial details you can see in your company search include:
- Credit Rating – One of the most important aspects of a company search is the credit rating of the company you search for. This is the rating used by creditors to determine reliability in paying back money. This is a good indicator of a company’s overall reliability in doing business and can be useful when picking suppliers.
- Credit Limit – At least with a credit rating you know someone is reliable, but there are other things to know – for example how much credit they can be given. If you want to know how much creditors might be willing a to lend a company, this is a good place to look. This gives you an indication of how much financial clout a company might have.
- Other Information – Details on group structure, CCJ’s (County Court Judgments), names of directors and other information is available with your company search. This gives you a good overview of how exactly a company is structured, and forms an important part of competitor analysis.
If you have any questions about the reporting and the company search process, take a look at the FAQs section for more.
How To Search & Why This Is Useful
Doing a search is very easy. Simply enter the company name or number that you want to look up and click ‘Search’ on our homepage. You can then quite easily find your chosen company and start looking at the information contained within.
There are several types of report, but they all are useful for the following aspects of business:
- Checking Suppliers – Doing bad business is avoidable when checking suppliers. By checking their credit rating and limit you can assess their reliability and choose more wisely.
- Checking Competitors – Your competitors will be reluctant to give up information on themselves for you, so you can more easily get it from a company search. Not only is this useful to see how your competitors are doing financially, but their structure and director information too.
- Checking Your Own Business – Ever wonder what people say about your business when you’re not around? Well, doing a company search on your own business gives you a very accurate picture of how creditors, and perhaps other competitors doing their homework, perceive you from a financial point of view.
Searching for your own company or that of a supplier or competitor is very easy, and you can even search internationally in a range of countries including Belgium, Germany, France, Switzerland the USA and many more.
Company Searches For Company Information
Company searches are useful for information, whether for your competitors suppliers or yourself. So now you know – when you do your company searches next you will have a more rounded understanding.
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- Manchester clubs splash transfer market cash – but who’s got the best credit? - August 16, 2016
- How to perform a free UK Company Director Search - June 30, 2016
- Radiohead’s companies – What can Company Searches tell us? - March 8, 2016